Fairness: Defining Character
A person of character is fair and just. He/she tries to be impartial and is open to differing viewpoints.
Consider the following examples of "do's and don'ts:"
- Treat people equally and give everyone a chance.
- Be open-minded to what others have to say.
- Follow and play by the rules.
- Take advantage of others.
- Blame others carelessly or unfairly.
- Use favoritism in rewarding or punishing others.
- Take more than your fair share of anything.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded; listen to others.
- Don't blame others carelessly.