About The Program
Common Sense Parenting® (CSP) is a practical, skill-based parenting program that can be applied to every family. The program's logical strategies and easy-to-learn techniques address issues of communication, discipline, decision making, relationships, self-control and school success.
Continuing to learn new skills and strategies is a fundamental part of good parenting. The proactive skills and techniques taught in Common Sense Parenting® classes have helped parents from diverse backgrounds create healthy family relationships that foster safety and well-being at home, in school and in the community.
Common Sense Parenting® classes help parents:
- Build strong, healthy relationships
- Correct and change problem behavior
- Minimize problems that disrupt family life
- Raise responsible, caring children
- Communicate effectively
- Avoid power struggles
- Control your emotions
- Balance discipline with affection
- Praise your child's good behavior
- Be a better, more engaged and caring parent
Program components involve instruction, videotape modeling, role-playing, feedback and review. Professionally trained parent trainers teach the course and provide instruction, consultation and support. For more information about Common Sense Parenting®, contact us.